Best pillows your sleeping position determines what features you would like to have in your pillow. The task of the pillow is to lift your head enough to hold your neck in line with your spine. If you leave your neck bent at an uncomfortable angle for some minutes, you may feel severe neck pain. Your sleeping position is directly proportional to your head, so the pillow plays a vital role; we will review the best pillows for side sleepers today.
Best Pillows For Side Sleeping
Most people like side sleeping, and if you are among them, we will help you choose the right pillow. We have reviewed the best pillows for side sleepers in 2022; let’s dig out.
Our top pick for the best side sleeper pillows is the Coop Home Goods Original Pillow. It has a loft of roughly six inches, which is near the top of our list of pillows Best Pillows For Side Sleeping. It’s made up of a mix of loose memory foam pieces and microfiber, and it comes with a half-pound bag of extra filling so you may customize it to your preferences.
The medium-firm density offers the neck support that side sleepers require, and the flexibility allows it to be tailored to various shoulder widths and preferences. It comes with a 100-night sleep trial and is the low-priced pillow in our list of the Best Pillows, at $59.99 for a queen size. In addition, the entire pillow is machine washable best pillows for side sleepers.
- Those who prefer a pillow with medium-firm support
- Side sleepers seeking a memory foam pillow with a filling that can be adjusted
- Those looking for a pillow with a long sleep trial and warranty should look no further.
- Those who want a fluffy pillow while sleeping best pillows for neck pain
Saatva Latex Pillow
Saatva Latex Pillow: Another excellent alternative for a side sleeper pillow is the Saatva Latex Pillow. It’s made up of three parts that work together to give the cushion an 8-inch loft. The pillow’s interior component is a detachable pillow filled with shredded Talalay latex that provides support. The outer pillow is comprised of a down-like material. The gusset along the borders of the pillow cover adds support to the pillow. You can use the Saatva pillow with or without the inside pillow, although back and stomach sleepers will prefer the softness of the outer pillow without the latex core. A queen-size pillow will set you back $145 Best Pillows For Side Sleeping .
- Pressure alleviation in a supportive latex pillow for sleepers
- Individuals with allergies or sensitive skin who choose hypoallergenic bedding
- Memory foam pillows can be excessively warm for sure sleepers.
- Those on the lookout for a low-cost pillow
The Purple Harmony Pillow is available in two heights: 6.5 inches standard and 7.5 inches tall. Both are $159 each. This pillow comprises a solid latex core encased in Purple’s trademark Purple Grid, which has hexagonal cells. Because of the way it responds to shape and weight, the Grid is built of a patented hyper-elastic polymer that attempts to give support without pressure best pillows 2021.
Reviewers say the Grid can feel uncomfortable at first because it’s a different material, but Purple provides a 100-night sleep trial allowing you to see for yourself. The holes in the core, the open cells in the Grid, and the mesh cover combine to keep air moving, making the Harmony Cushion an ideal choice for a cooling pillow.
- People that sleep in a heated environment
- Those looking for a pillow that maintains its shape
- Neck pain sufferers
- All forms of sleepers best pillows for sleeping
- Those on a tight budget
Nest Bedding’s Easy Breather Pillow is another adjustable pillow. It has a breathable, gusseted cover and is filled with shredded foam and polyester fiber. This pillow also comes with an extra bag of filler so that you may modify the height to your liking. A side sleeper version with a concave side to provide shoulder space is also available.
Some side sleepers may experience shoulder or neck pain due to their shoulder lying uncomfortably on their pillow; this design seeks to remedy this by placing the shoulder directly on the mattress. The Easy Breather Pillow is good for side sleepers who require support yet prefer a fluffy, down-like sensation. The standard size is $99, but the side sleeper version is $119, the same as a queen size.
- Those seeking for memory foam cushion with an adjustable fill
- A larger pillow that wraps over the shoulders is ideal for side sleepers.
- Those looking for a pillow that doesn’t have a lot of off-gassing at first
- Very tight budget who need a shredded memory foam cushion best pillows for sleep
- And those looking for a cushion that can be washed in the washing machine
Natural kapok fibers — fluffy, silky fibers harvested from the seed pods of kapok trees – and memory foam combine to create the Layla Kapok Pillow. The Layla Kapok Pillow, like the other pillows in our review, is customizable in that the stuffing may be removed to achieve the ideal loft for side sleeping. Copper is integrated into the machine-washable cover, which has cooling and anti-microbial characteristics. Layla pillow comes with a free 120-night sleep trial & a five-year warranty, which is the longest of any pillows we tested. A queen costs $99 per night Best Pillows For Side Sleeping.
- Pillows with adjustable fill for stomach sleepers best pillows for stomach sleepers
- Those seeking a more extended sleep trial period and a better warranty than the average
- Back and side sleepers who like a cushion that conforms to their body and provides neck support
- Those who prefer the feel of a shredded memory foam pillow that doesn’t get too hot during the night
- Those looking for a low-cost memory foam cushion should look no further.
- And those looking to purchase a pillow made in the United States will be disappointed.
The Avocado Green Pillow Best Pillows For Side Sleeping could be an excellent option for side sleepers looking for an organic pillow. This pillow is manufactured with latex foam rubber ribbons that have passed the Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS), kapok fibers that have passed the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), and cotton Oeko-Tex Standard 100, Class 1 certification. The Avocado Green Pillow, like many of our top-rated pillows, features removable filling and provides an additional bag of filling to add more if you like. Refill bags are also available separately from Avocado. Avocado pillows come in normal sizes and cost $89.
- There are various varieties of sleepers.
- Customers who love being able to personalize their pillows
- Someone who is on a shoestring budget when it comes to pillows and bedding
- Those who prefer the firmness of their pillows best pillows on amazon
- And those looking for a memory foam mattress with a conventional sink-in feel.
Xtreme Comforts Shredded Pillow is made to keep its shape, not retain heat, and not become lumpy, all of which are reasons why other pillows fail, according to the company. This Best Pillows For Side Sleeping is made of shredded memory foam that can be removed or added to achieve the desired height. CertiPUR-US certification employs foam free of hazardous chemicals and heavy metals. The pillow is ventilated to facilitate airflow, which could be beneficial for hot sleepers. It comes with a removable bamboo-derived cover that can be machine washed. A normal size will set you back $64.97.
- Those who enjoy memory foam mattresses
- Sleepers on their sides and backs best pillows for back sleepers
- Someone seeking a thickness that can be adjusted
- Those who sleep on their stomach best pillows 2022
- Someone who is bothered by off-gassing smells
In a pillow, what should side sleepers look for?
Keep an eye out for:
- To fill the gap left by the shoulder, use a high loft.
- To maintain the spine aligned, use a medium to strong support.
- Adjustability to accommodate a variety of shoulder widths
Avoid the following:
- Low loft, not filling the space between the head and the mattress
- The head is supported by soft support that does not fully support the head.
The optimal sleeping posture, in general, puts your spine in a neutral position. Your mattress and pillow strongly influence this alignment.
A decent cushion should lift your head enough to align it with your spine, preventing a sharp bend in your neck. If you sleep on one side, you’ll require a bigger pillow than if you sleep on your back or stomach because the width of your shoulders lifts your head higher.
There is no one-size-fits-all option for the height or loft that works best for you. Thickness is important, according to Dr. Matthew O’Rourke, a physical therapist at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and adjunct professor of physical therapy at Simmons University. “The thicker the pillow needs to be, the wider the patient’s shoulders – the more space between their shoulder and the side of their head – and vice versa.”
An Best Pillows For Side Sleeping side-sleeper pillow will provide enough support to keep your head up throughout the night. If you sleep with a high-loft pillow made of easily compressible materials, your head may drop, putting your neck in an unpleasant posture. Your preferences will also determine your preferred firmness. Some side sleepers prefer a memory foam pillow constructed of a single piece of memory foam because it provides firm support and maintains its shape. Whether they want a shredded foam pillow or a down pillow, others may choose a more moldable pillow best pillows for side sleepers with neck pain.
Some high-end pillows are customizable to accommodate different body types. This category includes many of the pillows in our Best Pillows of 2022 list. Adjustable pillows allow you to change the loft, firmness, or combination of these factors. Some have a pillow-in-cushion design, which allows you to remove an inside pillow to change the overall size and feel. Many pillows in our ranking have even more precise adjustability because you may add or remove filling as needed.